According to today's weather forecast, it's going to hit 91 degrees in Forest Hills with 66 percent humidity and a high UV index. The low will be 73 degrees.
The temperature will drop to 82 degrees on Thursday and will remain in the lower 70s and high 60s for the rest of the week.
It's been a while since we've had a 90 degree day, so don't forget to do the following:
- Watch out for heat stress. Symptoms include hot, dry skin or cold, clammy skin, dizziness, nausea, disorientation, trouble breathing or rapid heartbeat.
- Check on elderly neighbors and those who have trouble leaving their homes and apartments.
- Wear light clothing in light colors
- Drink water, obviously.
- Stay in the shade if outdoors, keep the AC on inside if possible.
- Wear sunscreen
- Keep children and pets out of hot cars.