Turner: Apply For FEMA Aid Now

Need assistance after Hurricane Sandy? Here's where to go.

U.S. Rep. Bob Turner, who felt the affects of Hurricane Sandy as acutely as anyone in the city, is encouraging residents who were also impacted to file for 

“This unbelievable disaster has left many people in my district and throughout New York in desperate need of help,” Turner said. “It is important that those who need assistance know where and how to apply for aid. I want to encourage everyone to not only apply as soon as possible, but to also take the time to fully understand the process involved and documentation needed when submitting the application.”

Turner, whose home was destroyed in the massive conflagration that erupted in Breezy Point during the hurricane, encouraged other affected New Yorkers to call his office for assistance filing forms.

Turner's district office can be reached at 718-426-5000, or his Washington, D.C. office can be reached at 202-225-6616.

The congressman also passed along these FEMA assistance links:

List of FEMA Federal Aid Programs for State of New York Disaster Recovery:


FEMA Assistance To Individual Households Factsheet:


 SBA Disaster Loan Factsheet:



More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »