After several weeks of low numbers, crime in the 112 Precinct saw another slight bounce during the last week of September.
It's time to dig in to the numbers and see what we find:
- There was one reported robbery during the week of Sept. 24-30.
- For the last month, robbery remains down by over 50 percent, with just six reported incidents in the last 28 days.
- Grand larcenies spiked somewhat, with 11 occurring during the period. In the last month, there have been 45 reported incidents of grand larceny, a more than 40 percent increase over the same time period last year.
- Two reported burglaries doubled up the just one reported during 2011. For the month, there have been three more burglaries than there were last year.
- There were 28 incidents of petit larceny, another tracked crime that has seen an increase this year over last.
For a closer look at the numbers, check out the COMPSTAT sheet attached at right in PDF format.