The 112 Precinct is in the middle of a big transition, with incoming Commanding Officer Thomas Conforti getting into the swing of things in the big chair.
Despite the change, things seem to be moving forward as usual in the precinct, borne out in this week's crime statistics.
Let's take a look at the COMPSTAT report from the 112 Precinct, covering Forest Hills and Rego Park:
- There were zero, as in not any, robberies reported in the 112 Precinct between Sept. 10 and Sept. 16. That number is obviously a precipitous drop from the same week last year, when there were five.
- The number of robberies in the last month and for the last year, however, has stayed fairly static, with 73 through this period in 2011 and 70 this year.
- Grand larcenies are always the big issue in the 112 Precinct, and the most recent week was no exception. There were 12 reported incidents, the same number as the year before.
- There were four incidents of grand larceny auto, an increase over the one reported in the same period last year.
- For the month, crime in that category has seen a spike, with 11 total incident reports compared to just four during the same month last year. For the year, however, the totals more or less jibe.
Interested in picking through the numbers yourself? See the PDF attached at right.