This week's crime statistics are available through the NYPD's COMPSTAT program, and we're here to help you sort them out.
Let's take a look at what happened in the 112 Precinct this week.
- Between Sept. 17 and Sept. 23, there were just 10 total major crimes listed, a drop from the same week in 2011 of more than one third.
- There were the same number of grand larcenies (7) and grand larceny autos (1) reported during both periods.
- However, comparing month-to-month from 2011 to 2012, there was a 10 percent increase in major crimes reported. That increase is attributable to a rise in grand larcenies and grand larceny autos overall.
- There were 23 reported petit larcenies, an increase over the same one-week period last year.
- For the second week in a row, the precinct reported no robbery incidents. There have been only eight in the last month, compared to 14 during the same period in 2011.
To take a closer look at the numbers, check out the COMPSTAT report at right. It's attached in PDF form.