It's time to take another weekly look at the crime statistics in Forest Hills and Rego Park.
It's been a bad week to commit a crime in the Precinct, with the National Night Out Against Crime making a big show of things on Tuesday.
Let's dig into the numbers a little bit:
- Burglaries were the trouble spot in the 112 Precinct in the most recent week. There were four reported incidents, compared to just one during the same period last year. There have been 11 in the last month compared to nine last year.
- Still, burglaries over the course of the year are down by nine percent, with 71 committed through July in 2012, compared to 78 through July 2011.
- There has been a precipitous drop in the number of cars stolen in the last month, with just three in the last 28 days compared to eight during the same period in 2011.
- There were no robberies reported in the 112 Precinct in the most recent week released. Despite that, over the last month there were two more committed than in the same month last year, six this year, four in 2011.
- Still no homicides this year in the Precinct.
For more information, take a look at the most recent COMPSTAT release, attached in PDF form at right.