Forest Hills , is still enjoying a relatively low-crime summer, considering what usually happens once the temperature climbs in the city.
In the most recent recorded week, however, a couple of trouble spots for the precinct flared up once again.
Time to dig in to the numbers a little bit:
- Grand larcenies, the area of most concern for the precinct over the last few years, jumped up to 12 incidents this week, compared to seven during the same period last year.
- Over all, grand larcenies are on an almost identical pace as they were a year ago, with 255 recorded this year and 254 in the same period in 2011.
- Petit larcenies were also a problem in the precinct in the most recent week, with 22 recorded this year compared to just 14 last year.
- For the second straight week, there were no stolen cars reported in Forest Hills and Rego Park.
- There was one reported robbery incident, compared with none during the same period last year, though the precinct is still on a slightly better pace than it was last year.
For more statistics, take a look at the COMPSTAT report, attached in PDF form at right.