As you're scrambling around trying to pick up last second groceries or buy some plastic sheeting to cover your couch when the roof leaks, we thought it might be a good idea to know what's open around town and what isn't.
So here is a cursory list of some of the places around town that you visit every day, and whether or not they're open or closed.
Keep in mind, as Hurricane Sandy moves, the status of everything could change, so it's always a good idea to call ahead:
- Stop and Shop, Union Turnpike: Currently open normal hours Monday and Tuesday. Advised to call ahead.
- Key Food on Queens Boulevard and Continental Avenue: Closing early Monday, no plan for Tuesday.
- Trader Joe's on Metropolitan Avenue: Closed at 12 p.m. Monday and closed Tuesday.
- Starbucks: All NYC locations are closed Monday.
- NYC Public schools: Closed Monday.
- Home Depot: Currently open until 11 p.m. Monday. Advised to call ahead.
Didn't find what you're looking for or remembered something we forgot? Share in the comments below or email MatthewH@Patch.com.