It was a rough start to the week for Queens business owners.
Even now that Sandy's wind, rain and flooding have receded there remain sizable obstacles.
Transit troubles, power outages, closed schools and gas shortages have all conspired to keep stores shuttered or confine customers to their homes or immediate neighborhoods.
These major business centers have either stayed open or reopened since the hurricane struck.
- Stop and Shop, Union Turnpike: Currently open normal hours.
- Key Food on Queens Boulevard and Continental Avenue. Normal business hours.
- Trader Joe's on Metropolitan Avenue. Normal business hours.
- Starbucks: Normal business hours.
- Home Depot: Normal business hours.
If there are other major business locations you are wondering about, the Queens office of the NYC Business Solutions Center is open for business, or visit the Queens Chamber of Commerce online for a list of businesses.