As Summer nears, here are some simple energy saving tips to trim your utility bills!
- Replace traditional light bulbs with compact fluorescents
- Opt for desk or reading lamps to avoid unnecessarily lighting an entire room
- Raise the thermostat on your air conditioner by 10 percent when you leave for the day
- Use an ice tray. Automatic ice-makers increase a refrigerator’s energy consumption by 14 to 20 percent
- Clean coils on your refrigerator
Looking for even greater savings? I’m on your side with recommendations for local professionals who can increase your home’s energy efficiency through cost-efficient improvements.
As always, please be sure to share my contact information with anyone you know who may need real estate advice. P: 718.968.5538 | E: abigailSELLS@kw.com